The Victoria Hotel is located in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD.
If you wish to stay at the Victoria Hotel, there are a number of options. Note that different options may give you access to better rates, depending on how early or late you are in securing your accommodation, however the rate for Option 1 below is guaranteed from 21 March until 20 August. If you choose one of the other options, be sure to check the room type … Option 1 is for a Heritage Queen Room.
For all bookings at the Victoria Hotel, breakfast is also available for an additional tariff.
Also note that car parking at the Victoria Hotel (like most of Melbourne’s CBD) is a “bit of an issue”, see the notes at the bottom of this page.
We’ve secured a guaranteed rate of $170 per night with the Hotel for a selection of Heritage Queen rooms that have adequate space around the bed for us to manoeuvre in and out, have close-to-flat access to the shower and are close to the elevator.
To book one of these rooms, please visit www.independentcollection.com.au
- Select ‘The Victoria Hotel Melbourne’, Enter your dates from 04/09/23 (or later for check-in) to 07/09/23 (or earlier for check-out) and number of people and click ‘Check Availability’
- Click ‘I have a code’
- In the ‘Corporate ID’ field enter your booking code: ORTHOS23
- Click ‘UPDATE’
- Your special rates will appear on the rates screen
Book directly with www.rydges.com and ignore our guaranteed rate. This will give you access to several rate options, depending on when you book. At the moment (27 Mar) the rates for a 04/09 check-in and 06/09 check-out (2 night stay) are:
Best Flexible Rate – $179 per night
Advance Saver – $152 per night
Join the “loyalty” programme associated with the Victoria Hotel via the priorityguestrewards website. Other than some promotional email, this does not seem to have any adverse effects. Then book directly with www.rydges.com, login as a Priority Guest Rewards member and ignore our guaranteed rate. This will give you access to several discounted rate options, depending on when you book. At the moment (27 Mar) the rates for a 04/09 check-in and 06/09 check-out (2 night stay) are:
Best Flexible Rate – $161 per night
Advance Saver – $136 per night
Sites like booking.com seem to be offering something very similar to the Advance Saver ($152 per night) of Option 2 above as of 27 Mar, but expect this to change as we get closer to the meeting date.
The Victoria Hotel is situated within one block of the Swanston Street, Collins Street and Bourke Street tram lines. And so one could choose to stay elsewhere in Docklands, Southbank or another hotel within the CBD and easily commute (all within the free tram zone) from your hotel to the meeting venue.
Car Parking at the Victoria Hotel
The Hotel has provided this advice.
Car Parking is available at $45.00 per car, per day, with the following options available:
- ONSITE CAR PARK – The Victoria Hotel’s onsite car park has extremely limited spaces available and is unable to be booked in advance. This car park is filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- PARTNER CAR PARK – MID CITY Care Park, 179 Little Bourke Street, this is a five-minute walk away from The Victoria Hotel. In the event the onsite car park is full, guests will be directed here. Alternately, guests are able to pre-book their parking in advance. Guest can pre-book their car park in advance via the hotel reservations team. Car park bookings are non-refundable.
Alternative Car Parking Close to the Victoria Hotel
The Wilson Car Park at 180 Russell Street appears to be offering a $36 per day (or part thereof) rate. This is about the same walking distance to the Victoria Hotel as the MID CITY option, namely two and a half blocks (five-minute walk). You can book online here but only a month in advance, so try towards the end of the first week of August.